The Weld Engineer duties and activities will be to:
· Research and develop weld procedures and processes for new projects.
· Weld in accordance with customer requirements and blueprints on aircraft parts including human space flight vehicles.
· Prepare raw material, machined details, and hardware as needed to ensure quality welds.
· Provide guidance to co-workers on how to qualify to the applicable AWS or customer driven specifications.
· Weld using GTAW and GMAW.
· Inspect welds on DoD and aerospace hardware and determine acceptance against applicable quality standards.
· Inspect welds on aerospace and structural tooling and determine acceptance against applicable quality standards.
· Intimate knowledge of most all AWS codes is a must. Qualified candidates should have aerospace or defense industry experience.
Candidates must pass a weld test with the following criteria:
· Material: 6061-T6 Ø.437 X .125 Wall Aluminum Tubing and 6061-T6 .125” plate
· Weld Joint: 2F Tube to Plate
· Inspection Criteria: AWS D17.1 Class A Macro and Penetrant.
· Candidates must pass a weld test with the following criteria:
· Material: 5052-O Ø.5 X .035 Wall Aluminum Tubing
· Weld Joint: 2G Tube to Tube
· Inspection Criteria: AWS D17.1 Class A Radiograph and Penetrant
· Candidates must have at least two (12) years of relevant experience welding aluminum and writing weld procedures/qualifications
· Candidates must possess the ability to pass a vision and color perception exam.
· Candidates must have demonstrated experience reading and interpreting blueprints.
· Candidates must be able to lift up and carry up to 25 lbs.
· Candidates must have demonstrated experience effectively communicating within a team environment.
· Candidates must have demonstrated experience with handheld manual inspection tools.
· Candidates must have demonstrated experience writing weld procedures and qualification documents.
Preference shown to candidates who have experience and/or working knowledge of:
- Past experience welding exotic metals
- Semi-automated machine welding experience
- Any NDT certifications
- Trade school experience within the welding curriculum
- An AWS CWI certification
Candidate must be a US Citizen.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $28.00 – $35.00 per hour